Week 14 Rankings
Hes turned them into 13 catches for 262 yards and a touchdown. Its been easily the best two-game stretch of Stills career, as hes posted his first- and fourth-best yardage totals.
Although hes known as a deep threat Stills 20.0 yards per catch as a rookie led the NFL he has a surprisingly polished and varied skill-set. Stills knows when to work back to the ball on short-to-intermediate routes, and doesnt need a lot of separation to make catches. His ball skills stand out on tape. Even though his 69-yard touchdown in Week 13 came when The Ghost Of Ike Taylor slipped, Stills is comfortable working in tight spaces. He plays bigger than his 6-foot-0, 194-pound frame in 1-on-1 situations. Hes also a smart player, avoiding unnecessary contact, and always aware of his location on the field. Stills can often be spotted extending the ball for extra yards at the end of a catch, as he did on his nine-yard score in Week 11 against the Bengals. Facing Drew Brees, Stills caught a lob at the two-yard line, but spun around seemingly on instinct, jamming the ball into the pylon for a touchdown.
Even with Cooks sidelined, Stills is a WR3 at heart. Realistically, hes still just a 6-8 target player in the Saints spread-the-wealth passing attack. But he has the upside for so much more in strong matchups, and thats what he has for Week 14 in crumbling Carolina. How bad is the Panthers secondary? They just released Antoine Cason, an 11-game starter who played 75-of-75 snaps in Carolinas second most recent game. The Panthers will be trotting out Josh Norman and Bene Benwikere at cornerback against Brees. Norman is a third-year fifth rounder whos barely graded out positively in Pro Football Focus ratings. Benwikere is a fifth-round rookie whos played 41 snaps since Week 5. Stills is going to have cushions, and hes going to exploit them.
You need a few players like Kenny Stills in the fantasy playoffs. Hes probably not someone youve owned long, and hes definitely not someone you envisioned starting over one of your early-round studs. But Stills has upside that can win weeks in matchups like the one he has with the Panthers. Starting Stills for the fantasy quarterfinals isnt getting cute its being smart.
NFL draft trades that make too much sense to happen2013-04-23
Here are some trades that make so much sense, they probably won't happen.
1. San Diego Chargers trade up with Cleveland Browns to grab Lane Johnson: NFL.com's Albert Breer wrote Tuesday how the Cleveland Browns are dying to trade down. The Chargers are desperate to get a tackle, but they know Johnson is not going to fall to them. Heck, Alabama tackle D.J. Fluker may not fall to San Diego.
Trading up five spots would allow San Diego to get their man without having to give up too much.
2. Miami Dolphins acquire Branden Albert for a second-round pick: NFL.com's Ian Rapoport notes that the Dolphins are prepared to pay Albert the going price for an above-average tackle: More than $8 million per season. We're only surprised that people are surprised about this. What did they think Albert was going to cost?
Albert is due nearly $10 million as a franchise player. Jake Long was paid more than $8 million per season by the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason to think Albert would get paid less than Long; he's coming off a better season.
This is a win-now year for Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland. He will probably wait to see how the first round shakes out at tackle, but using a second-round pick on a starting left tackle that would push Jonathan Martin back to the right side makes a lot of sense.
3. Denver Broncos acquire Trent Cole from the Philadelphia Eagles: Yes, this one is fantasy football. It's hard to imagine it happening because Cole has a big cap figure, but it makes a ton of sense. Denver still needs another pass rusher after the fax fiasco with Elvis Dumervil, and Cole is not really a fit for Philly's new 3-4 approach.
4. New York Jets acquire running back Chris Ivory from New Orleans Saints for fifth-round pick: This one may actually happen. The Jets are not going to do any better with a late-round pick than the powerful, quietly explosive reserve in New Orleans. We're just not sure why the Saints are in such a hurry to trade a player that often looks better than former first-round pick Mark Ingram.
5. Buffalo Bills trade up with Minnesota at No. 25 to draft Ryan Nassib: There's a growing belief that Buffalo will just take a quarterback with the No. 8 overall pick. That still doesn't make sense for value, but trading back into the first round from No. 41 to Minnesota's No. 25 pick could work.
The Vikings have two first-round picks and seem ready to move. It wouldn't be that shocking if Nassib, not Geno Smith, was the first quarterback taken on Thursday. Perhaps he'll be the only quarterback taken Thursday.
2015 Kentucky Derby Odds2015-04-15
Kentucky Derby week is one of the most thrilling times of the year. This race is known as "The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports" for its approximate time length.
Check 2015 KY Derby Schedule May 1 and 24 at Sportsbook.com
Odds to Win 2015 Kentucky Derby
March Madness Bracket2015-02-15$100K MARCH MADNESS BRACKET CONTEST
The biggest March Madness contest just got bigger.This year Sportsbook.ag is splitting a guaranteed $100,000 in cash among our Top 5 March Madness Bracket
contestants. Plus awarding a combined $5,000 in Free Bets to 1,000 other members.Play for a whopping $75,000 first-place prize when you buy your first entry for just $15. Additional entries costs little as $5 and buying multiple brackets gives you the chance to take home the entire $100K prize pot.
Here’s a breakdown of the prizes:
1st Place $75,000
2nd Place $12,500
3rd Place $7,500
4th Place $3,500
5th Place $1,500
6th to 1,005th $5 Free Bet
Visit Sportsbook.ag for an early buy-in and to make your picks
Super Bowl Odds2013-01-31
FEBRUARY 03, 2013
101 Ravens(Baltimore) +140+3.5 o47.5
102 49ers(SanFrancisco) -160-3.5 u47.5